JEE Main 2016, conducted by CBSE, is the first stage examination for admissions to prestigious IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) and ISM (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad will be held on April 3, 2016 (Offline) and on April 9 and 10, 2016 (Online). Last year, over 13 lakh candidates appeared for this national level exam for admissions to 31 NITs, 18 IIITs and 18 GFTIs, which are the participating institutes of JEE Main. This year, the number of registrations has been reduced to 12.07 lakh. Top 2 lakh candidates of JEE Main are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced, which is the second stage of entrance test for admissions to IITs and ISM
The application form of JEE Main 2016 was available, from December 1, 2015. Earlier One month time was given to students for submitting the form but later the last date for application form submission had been extended. The last date to apply online for JEE Main 2016 and to upload the photograph was January 11, 2016 and the last date to pay the fee through credit/debit card was January 12, 2016 (up to 11.59 PM) & through e-challan was January 12, 2016 (up to working hours of the banks). The offline (Pen & Paper Based) entrance exam will be conducted on April 03, 2016 and the date of Online Exam for JEE Main 2016 will be from April 09, 2016 to April 10, 2016 in 2 shifts of 3 hours each. 1st shift will be from 09:30 to 12:30 hours (IST) and the 2nd shift will be from 14:00 to 17:00 hours (IST) if required.
JEE Main 2016 Selection Procedure: Candidates will be given admission on the basis of All India Ranks calculated with JEE Main 2016 scores and normalized marks of Class XII in the ratio 60:40.
JEE Main 2016 Eligibility Criteria:
- Only those candidates (General Category) whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1991 are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2016. However, in case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PwD candidates, who are born on or after October 01, 1986, are eligible.
- Only those candidates, who have passed their class 12th exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2014 or 2015; or those who are appearing in their class 12th exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2016.
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE Main 2016.
- The number of attempts, which a candidate can avail at JEE Main 2016, shall be limited to three
- JEE Main 2016 Syllabus:The syllabus provides engineering and architecture aspirants a topic-wise breakup of each section- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Conducting body for JEE Main 2016, CBSE, has published the detailed syllabus for JEE Main along with the notification for JEE Main 2016. Candidates appearing in this entrance exam can check JEE Main 2016 syllabus of all subjects to get an idea about this year’s curriculum. Candidates can get subject-wise syllabus in easily downloadable PDF formats
- JEE Main 2016 Exam Pattern:Paper 1:JEE Main question paper of paper 1 comprises questions from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics, and all questions will have equal weightage. Check exam pattern below-SubjectNumber of questionsMarks per questionPhysics304Chemistry304Mathematics304Total90360Candidates have to mark only one response for each question out of four responses given. One-fourth marks will be deducted for indicating incorrect response of each question. If no response is indicated for a question, then no deduction from the total score will be made.Paper 2:Paper 2 will consist of following three parts-
The exam will be of 3 hours duration.
- Part I - Mathematics
- Part II - Aptitude Test
- Part III - Drawing Test
- JEE Main 2016 Exam Centres:The list of exam centres brings the names of cities where this national level entrance exam will be held. JEE Main 2016 will be conducted in both modes- offline and online. For academic session 2016-2017, the exam will be conducted across 125 cities of India. Besides India, JEE Main will held in Kathmandu, Singapore, Bahrain, Dubai, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
- JEE Main 2016 Participating Institutes:Engineering institutes that accept JEE Main All India Ranks (JEE Main 2016 scores along with the marks of class XII after normalization in the ratio 60:40) for admissions to various undergraduate engineering programmes are the Participating Institutes. A total of 67 institutes (31 NITs, 18 IIITs and 18 GFTIs) participated in joint seat allocation procedure conducted by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) for academic session 2015-2016.States that offer admissions to candidates in their engineering institutes on the basis of their performance in JEE Main are as follows-
Various reputed private universities and institutes also accept JEE Main scores for admissions to their undergraduate engineering programmes.
JEE Main 2016 Important Dates:
Complete schedule of JEE Main 2016 will be announced by the conducting body- CBSE. The important dates will include all the crucial dates pertaining to the exam such as dates of application form availability, fee payment, exam, result, answer key, etc. Interested students can check below the tentative dates of JEE Main-
Start of JEE Main 2016 Online Applications
December 1, 2015
Last Date for submitting Online Applications and uploading of scanned images
January 11, 2016
Last date of Application Fee Payment through credit/debit card
January 12, 2016 (upto 11:59 PM)
Last date of Application Fee Payment through e-challan
January 12, 2016
(up to working hours of banks)
JEE Main 2016 Admit Card Download
March 10, 2016
JEE Main 2016 Pencil-Paper Based Exam (Paper 1 & 2)
April 03, 2016
JEE Main 2016 Computer Based Test
April 09, 2016
April 10, 2016
Display of Answer Key and OMR sheets
April 18, 2016 to April 22, 2016
Acceptance of challenge of Answer Keys
4th week of April, 2016
JEE Main 2016 Results (Scores)
April 27, 2016
Declaration of All India Ranks
On or Before June 30, 2016
Availability of JEE Main 2016 Rank Card
After declaration of AIRs
Closing Ranks (General-Open State) at top 10 NITs after last round (round 4):
National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
National Institute of Technology, Warangal
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal
Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur
National Institute of Technology Calicut
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal
National Institute of Technology Delhi
National Institute of Technology Hamirpur
The admissions to NITs were closed at 41657 (open state) at National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh at Bio Technology. A total of 23,359 seats were allotted across 31 NITs, 18 IIITs and 18 GFTIs